Citronella oil is a natural insecticide with a sweet lemon aroma that works well to prevent and treat mosquito bites. People who know what citronella is take advantage of the arrival of good weather to buy this essential oil in pharmacies.
The citronella plant is being planted in Latin America and Southeast Asia. The most used is the so-called citronella essential oil, which contains limonene, geraniol, nerol, eugenol, citral, and citronellol.
Citronella oil is one more option to take with you while you walk outdoors, whether you are going out to the fields, camping, or walking. Not only does it keep the bugs away, but it also promotes feelings of happiness and positivity while you wear it as it has a crisp, fresh scent. Dare to use it!
Citronella oil serves as an effective insect repellent by masking human scents that attract insects. This is the perfect essential oil for all your activities throughout the year, wherever you go!
Medicinal properties of citronella
Citronellol, citral, eugenol, nerol, geraniol, and limonene are only a few of the essential oils found in citronella. It has antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal, diuretic, antispasmodic, digestive, and tonic properties, and it is highly regarded in perfumery and aromatherapy.
• It helps relax the stomach muscles, relieves spasms, and helps curb bacterial infection. Lemongrass has been successfully tested to combat Helicobacter pylori infection, the bacteria responsible for gastritis and gastric ulcers.
• Citronella is an essential oil that is used as a natural insecticide against mosquitoes, both to prevent bites and to disinfect them. Carrying a supply of citronella oil and applying a little to bare skin when visiting areas dominated by an insect is a great precautionary measure and an excellent substitute for traditional insect repellants.
• Citronella essential oil is also used as an analgesic for rheumatic pain relief on bumps and bruises such as arthritis and muscle pain, for low back pain and cervical tension and to relieve migraine.
• It is also effective in combating skin problems, such as juvenile acne and excessive sweating.
• Citronella oil, like lemongrass and palmarrosa, is highly valued in aromatherapy for skin care, in case of fine lines, wrinkles, oily skin, and chapped lips. These oils are also used in case of fatigue and stress.
Uses and benefits of Citronella essential oil
Citronella oil has many applications in your day-to-day life. Do you want to know what some of its most common uses are? Check them out below:
• Pain reliever: You can apply a few drops of citronella oil to the affected area. It will assist you in reducing your discomfort.
• Anti-inflammatory: It's great for reducing inflammation inside the body. To do so, simply inhale it and you will notice a reduction in both pain and inflammation. A good way to use it is through an essential oil diffuser.
• Depurative: Citronella oil is a natural detoxifier, so it's ideal for removing toxins and excess fat from your body.
• Diuretic: Another of the properties and uses of citronella is appreciated as a natural diuretic. It collaborates with the renal system by favoring the production of urine.
• Improves mood: All the citrus fruits that citronella oil contains stimulate the nervous system. As a result, it is ideal for inhaling vitality, joy, and happiness.
• Insect repellent: The best use of citronella is found here. Do you wish to keep mosquitoes and other insects distant during your country excursions or summer nights? It is advisable to buy a 100% pure and natural citronella essential oil. Also, remember that if you get stung you can also use it as an anti-inflammatory.
• Treatment of infections: With its antifungal, antimicrobial, and antiseptic characteristics, it can be used to stop some diseases from spreading.
• Helps to fight diabetes: Thanks to citronella! It is possible to regulate the blood sugar level, making it more fluid and tolerant to it. To be more specific, the sugar present in the blood causes greater reserves in the blood that cause problems in the eyes and the kidneys, as time goes by. In addition, it helps regulate cholesterol and triglycerides. It is noteworthy that citronella does not eliminate blood sugar, it simply levels it.
• Helps prevent stomach disorders: Citronella essential oil assists in the elimination of infections in the stomach, allowing it to function normally. As a result, it has been utilized in traditional medicine to avoid stomach disorders.
Some contraindications of citronella essential oil
Generally, in most cases, citronella essential oil is not a toxic agent for the body. Similarly, those who have sensitive skin should be cautious with the use of this oil. Citronella essential oil should not be applied to children under 5 years of age. Avoid self medication, before starting to use citronella oil in any treatment, it is best to consult a specialist.
In addition, in some cases, certain side effects may occur such as photosensitivity, after using this oil it is essential to avoid exposure to sunlight. In this way, you can avoid the appearance of spots, redness of the skin, irritation, or burns.
The use of this oil is also not recommended if you have allergies or dermatitis. Do not forget that if you are pregnant, you should avoid its use, since it is contraindicated.
If you want to buy your citronella essential oil, visit us at Pink Is In and you will find it at the best price and of the highest quality of your choice.
Image credits: <a href="https://www.freepik.com/free-photo/fresh-green-grass-white-background_979041.htm#query=citronella&from_query=citronella%20essential%20oil&position=5&from_view=search&track=sph">Image by jannoon028</a> on Freepik