Lemon essential oil is obtained from lemon peel and, like the lemon itself, has many properties: it is antibacterial, improves circulation, and stimulates the nervous system.
Lemon essential oil is one of the most loved and versatile essential oils. The instantly recognizable, the signature citrus scent evokes warm summer memories of homemade lakeside lemonade and delicious snacks shared with the family.
Its uses range from household cleaning to, but it can also be used as part of your beauty regimen and as part of your daily activities. In this guide, you can learn more about this oil and everything it has to offer.
Let's look at its history, all of its qualities, and benefits, as well as how to use it for health, beauty, and even house cleaning.
Origins of Lemon Essential Oil
The lemon is officially known as Citrus limon and is part of the same family as limes, oranges, and grapefruit. It is not known when the first lemon trees began to be cultivated, but their use is recorded in areas of Italy, India, and the Middle East from 200 to 700 AD.
There are many different types of lemons, but the Meyer lemon is likely the most well-known due to its usage in cooking and baking.
Lemon essential oil is extracted from the rind and is often collected through the cold pressing method. In this process, small holes are made in the lemon peel and the oil is extracted through them. Its key components include limonene, gamma-terpinene, beta-pinene, alpha-pinene, and sabinene.
Medicinal properties of lemon essential oil
Lemon essential oil is extracted by pressing, distillation, or solvent extraction from lemon peel. The essence of lemon, in addition to being intense and pleasantly scented, has innumerable medicinal properties.
• The lemon essential oil has antibacterial and antiviral effects, as do other essential oils, that make it an excellent ally against coughs, colds, and flu, but also purify homes.
• In addition, the lemon essential oil has digestive and carminative properties, useful in cases of difficult digestion, nausea, and abdominal distension.
• Thanks to its antibacterial, astringent, and antioxidant properties, lemon essential oil is an excellent ally to counteract the aging effects of impure skin or excess sebum and acne.
• Another of the properties of lemon essential oil is it promotes blood circulation and is useful in case of cellulite, and water retention, to counteract the feeling of heaviness in the lower extremities.
• Due to its benefits on circulation, lemon essential oil is a valid natural remedy even in case of a hemorrhoid problem associated with poor blood circulation.
• Traditionally, lemon essential oil is also used to strengthen brittle nails.
• Due to its stimulating properties to the nervous system, lemon essential oil is also widely used in aromatherapy, because this essence can promote concentration in studies and work and improve mood and resistance to mental stress. and physical.
Uses of lemon essential oil
These are some of the uses of lemon essential oil that will interest you:
• Respiratory problems: Whether due to respiratory infections, cough, or throat irritation, vapors with some lemon essential oil are effective to reduce symptoms.
• Relieve nausea: Did you know that the aroma of lemon is capable of alleviating nausea? For those who often get dizzy or suffer from it due to pregnancy, smelling a little aroma of lemon oil relieves that unpleasant feeling.
• Treat acne and hair oil problems: Like many other essential oils, lemon oil is also great for treating pimples thanks to its healing and antiseptic properties. Regarding oily hair, there are many shampoos to treat that include them in their formulas, but if yours doesn't have it, you can always add a few drops.
• Treat spots and stretch marks on the skin: The antioxidant qualities of lemon essential oil make it a very useful ingredient to treat skin problems such as spots caused by the sun (although if you expose yourself to sunlight with it, it can be the cause of these marks, so it is better to use it at night). To blur stretch marks, you have to mix them with propolis.
Lemon Essential Oil Benefits
Lemon Essential Oil Benefits Every drop of Lemon essential oil is packed with benefits, enhancing your skin and hair care routine or helping you create a livelier atmosphere in your home. Below are some of the benefits of this oil that can brighten your life:
• When it comes to skincare, everyone wants healthier-looking skin, and Lemon essential oil can help you achieve just that. When used as part of your daily routine, Lemon oil can help support your skin's natural processes for a healthier glow.
• Lemon essential oil is commonly added to household products because of its clean, lively scent, but also because it can help clean surfaces. This makes it a great choice for use in high-traffic areas and high-touch surfaces in bathrooms and kitchens.
• Lemon essential oil, like all citrus oils, has a vibrant and cheerful fragrance. Diffuse it in the morning for a fragrance that brightens your day.
As with any essential oil, applying it directly to the skin is not the best idea in the world as it is highly concentrated and can irritate the skin. It is best to dilute it in another conductive oil, such as coconut or almond oil, or water. Never apply it to your skin before going outside as it causes photosensitization.
If you want to buy your lemon essential oil, at Pink Is In you will find it at the best price and of the highest quality